Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday profile: C.J. Sohl

The target of The Record's Sunday Profile this week (put together by staff writer Andrew Santillo) is on C.J. Sohl, a pitcher with the Albany Dutchmen. Sohl, a rising junior at Siena College, formerly played with the South Troy Dodgers and Guilderland High School.
The text of his recent interview with Andrew Santillo is below.


C.J. Sohl
The Albany native is pitching this summer for the Albany Dutchmen of the New York Collegiate Baseball League. Sohl, who went to Guilderland High School, will be a junior at Siena College in the fall. The right-hander also pitched for the South Troy Dodgers.

Age: 20

What’s on TV: I don’t really watch TV. I used to watch Lost and shows like that, CSI. I watch ESPN and SportsCenter in the morning.

What’s in my IPod: Rap mostly. I listen to some country from teammates, as you know there’s a lot of country music associated with baseball.

Favorite Flicks: My favorite of all time was Bad Boys II. I saw Toy Story 3 a couple of days ago and that was pretty good.

Love to trade places for a day with: Cliff Lee. He strikes out a lot of people and I’d like that. It would be cool.

First Job: I worked in a nursing home in the kitchen making food.

Talent I’d most like to have: I’d like to be really good at math.

Favorite Meal: It’s definitely steak and mashed potatoes.

Favorite place to visit: The beaches in Florida.

Favorite sports teams: Mets & Jets.

Heroes: My dad (Chuck). He was a hard worker.

My Bucket List: I kind of want to go to Australia and see the other side of the world.

Favorite Restaurant: Outback Steakhouse.

Friday night I’m not playing baseball, I’m: Going out if it’s nice. I’m doing something with my friends.

Favorite baseball player: Griffey (Ken Griffey Jr.). Griffey was my guy.

Favorite baseball field: I’ve been to the Braves stadium (Turner Field). That was pretty nice.


---
Do you have a team or an athlete you feel deserves recognition? Please send us a note and a picture so we can include it in our weekly Faces in the Crowd segment. Click here to see an example.

Follow OTR: Twitter
Facebook
iTunes video podcast
RSS feed for links to blog posts as soon as they are published

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

The following comments represent views of the individuals making the comments. Comments are screened only to keep out spam and uncivil behavior. All opinions are welcome.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home