Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sunday profile: Anna Boughtwood


Anna Boughtwood, a senior at Columbia High School, won the Kiwanis Glover Cross Country Invitational Saturday morning at Maple Hill High School, turning in a time of 19:30 to edge out teammate Kaylee Scott, an eighth-grader, at the finish line. Columbia placed five runners in the top 10 to win the team title.

An honor roll student at Columbia, Boughtwood qualified for the New York State Indoor Track and Field championships in 2009 and 2010 and also ran at the New York State Outdoor Track and Field Meet in 2009. Boughtwood owns the Columbia school records in the indoor 400 and 600 meter runs. She also holds the meet records in the outdoor 200 and the 400 at the Queensbury Invitational, races she has won each of the last two years.

Name: Anna Boughtwood
High school: Columbia High School
Class in school: Senior
Colleges I’m interested in attending: Undecided, but hopes running is part of the plan.
Possible career/major: Psychology. "I’m not really sure what I want to do. I just think it’s really interesting and I like learning about the mind."
What’s on TV: How I Met Your Mother.
What’s in my iPod: World Party.
Favorite flicks: Blades of Glory. "Anything with Will Ferrell."
What I’m reading: Jane Eyre.
Bookmarks: "I like to read the New York Times website."
Talent I’d most like to have: "I wish I could swim better."
Favorite meal: "I love rigatoni before a race."
Favorite place to visit: England.
Favorite sports teams: "No, not really."
Favorite runner: Allyson Felix.
Favorite physical attribute: Eyes.
My motto: "Try your best, no matter what."
Heroes: My grandma.
My bucket list: "I want to travel. I want to go to college. That’s about it."
Favorite restaurant: "I love to go to Hot Harry’s Burritos."
X-C PR: "For a 5k, 18:51, maybe."
Favorite X-C course: "I like our home course a lot."
Least favorite X-C course: "I don’t really like the Saratoga course. I don’t like all the pebbles."
Other sports played: Indoor and outdoor track. Races from 200 to 600 meters.
Friday night, there isn’t a cross country race and I’m: "Usually homework, or I’m watching a movie at a friend’s house."

(Above photo by Mike McMahon - The Record)

Follow OTR: Twitter
Facebook
YouTube Channel
RSS feed for links to blog posts as soon as they are published
Send an email to OTR
High school football central on www.troyrecord.com

Labels: , ,