Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sectionals prediction report card

Of the 12 predictions I made about the Section II basketball championships, I didn't do too bad, getting eight right. It was not unlike my football picks this past season, where I was on a tear early in the year, even getting 10 of out 10 one week, before collapsing late in the year and losing the title.
You can check out my original picks by clicking on the March 2009 button on the right hand side.

Here's the blow-by-blow.

Girls Basketball Class AA
My guess: Bethlehem 46, Shenendehowa 39
Final score: Bethlehem 46, Shenendehowa 42

Class A
My guess: Averill Park 50, Mohonasen 49
Final score: Mohonasen 44, Averill Park 39

Class B
My guess: Watervliet 49, Johnstown 41
Final score: Watervliet 46, Johnstown 31

Class CC
My guess: Hoosic Valley 35, Voorheesville 29
Final score: Hoosic Valley 25, Voorheesville 23

Class C
My guess: Maple Hill 39, Greenwich 32
Final score: Maple Hill 44, Greenwich 29

Class D
My guess: Germantown 53, Argyle 42
Final score: Germantown 50, Argyle 45


Final 2008-09 Section II girls basketball brackets


Class AA
My guess: Albany Academy 75, CBA 63
Final score: CBA 62, Albany Academy 49

Class A
My guess: Gloversville 67, Scotia-Glenville 58
Final score: Scotia-Glenville 56, Gloversville 47

Class B
My guess: Broadalbin-Perth 43, Schuylerville 41
Final score: Broadalbin-Perth 55, Schuylerville 47

Class CC
My guess: Maple Hill 67, Canajoharie 59
Final score: Maple Hill 51, Stillwater 48

Class C
No prediction since I had not seen any WAC teams all year but I did correctly guess that the CC team would win the playoff.

Class D
My guess: Heatly 66, Sharon Springs 59
Final score: Sharon Springs 65, Heatly 48

Final 2008-09 Section II boys basketball brackets

--
That's enough tooting my own horn for one post, but be sure to check back later this week as we preview the Maple Hill boys and the Hoosic Valley girls in their pursuit of state championships.

Labels: ,